Terminating a contract can be a risky business often met by a counterclaim. This webinar reviews the pitfalls of wrongful termination and examines liquidated damages and other available remedies for breach.
- Material breach – the contractual right to terminate: Grand China applied
- Repudiatory breach – the Common Law test revisited in Ampurius
- Whether to accept the breach or enforce the contract?
- Which parts of the contract are discharged?
- Wrongful termination – when can it be used: EE v Phones 4U
- Affirmation traps for the unwary
- Anticipatory breach – express reservation of rights - Tele2 v Post Office
- Calculating the expectation loss if there is a notice for convenience
- Liquidated damages or penalty clause after Parking Eye – latest cases
- LDs as well as damages: GPP Solar
- Ready willing and able – specific performance of endeavours obligations
- Check list before termination
is a barrister with 20 years' experience in commercial litigation. Within her practice at Contract Law Chambers, London, Helen works with government bodies and leading firms of solicitors on a range of commercial and in-house projects and advice. Helen is the Editor of the Commercial Litigation Journal and the Procurement and Outsourcing Journal, both published by Legalease, and a regular legal commentator and broadcaster.