Publication date: July, 2019
Alternative dispute resolution is growing in popularity as it can often provide a swift and cost-effective means of resolving disputes in comparison to standard court proceedings. The court system is rapidly catching up with the digital age and there are now means of efficiently resolving disputes online in addition to the more well-known methods of ADR, such as mediation or adjudication.
This webinar is a ‘must watch’ for anyone involved in bringing or defending a dispute who wishes to be well-versed in all options available and their practical implications.
- The recent CJC report on ADR and its proposals
- The availability of ADR mechanisms in different types of proceedings
- The sorts of claims which can currently be resolved online (including value thresholds)
- The online solutions court
- The EU online dispute resolution platform
- Other types of claims likely to be resolved in this manner in the future
is a commercial dispute resolution solicitor-advocate and senior professional support lawyer. After reading law at Cambridge University, she qualified with and spent the early part of her career with Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, followed by Baker & McKenzie. She then spent over a decade at Clyde & Co LLP as a senior professional support lawyer advising and writing on all aspects of commercial dispute resolution. Sapna is now practising as a commercial litigator and professional support lawyer with gunnercooke LLP.