Publication date: November, 2019
This webinar will focus on two key issues which arise after an adverse outcome at trial. First, it will provide guidance on deciding whether to appeal; and second we will look at the procedure for appeals in civil litigation.
The aim of the webinar is to provide practical guidance to assist those facing an adverse outcome, both in deciding whether to pursue an appeal and in ensuring that the correct procedure is then followed.
It will include:
- The advantages and disadvantages of appealing against an adverse outcome
- The impact of an appeal upon remedies and costs
- Appeal routes and procedure depending upon court at first instance
- Appeal routes and procedure depending upon track allocation at first instance
- Appeals and the CPR
- Forms and drafting for an appeal
Fred Motson is a barrister (non-practising) with over a decade of experience in teaching in higher education, including extensive experience in teaching professional practice courses. He currently teaches across a variety of subjects and courses at BPP (London) and the University of Buckingham.