Publication date: February, 2018
This webinar is for commercial practitioners who are drafting for non-performance eventualities and for litigators where the contract is in dispute.
- What is the obligation and how can it be classified?
- Material breach what does it mean?
- Time is of the essence- how late is material breach?
- What is the relationship between material breach and repudiatory breach?
- Recent Court of Appeal guidance on applying the test before termination
- The effect of affirmation and waiver even with the no-waiver boilerplate
- Persistent or remediable breach
- Reservation of rights in a large organisation.
is a barrister with 20 years' experience in commercial litigation. Within her practice at Contract Law Chambers & Advocates, London, Helen works with government bodies and leading firms of solicitors on a range of commercial and in-house projects and advice. Helen is the Editor of the Commercial Litigation Journal and the Procurement and Outsourcing Journal both published by Legalese and a regular legal Commentator and Broadcaster.