This is a brand new course for commercial practitioners and litigators that focuses on breach of contract and the remedies that follow. It reviews and explains the circumstances which permit termination of a contract as well as highlighting common problems encountered in dealing with poor performance.
- Material breach or repudiatory breach?
- Rights to terminate for innominate clauses including warranties
- Wrongful termination and waiver - how to reserve rights
- Damages direct and indirect loss
- Claiming around limitation of liability clauses
- Assessing the risk of loss
- Mis-statement and misrepresentation
- Rescission for mistake
- Indemnity measures of loss and whether they are capped
- Specific performance, rectification and declaratory relief
- Using ADR as a powerful tool
- Notice to remedy and service under the contract
is a barrister with 20 years' experience in commercial litigation. Within her practice at Contract Law Chambers & Advocates, London, Helen works with government bodies and leading firms of solicitors on a range of commercial and in-house projects and advice. Helen is the Editor of the Commercial Litigation Journal and the Procurement and Outsourcing Journal both published by Legalese and a regular legal Commentator and Broadcaster.